Visiting Hours & Tours
Check out our events calendar for the most up-to-date schedule of tours, and information on all the other events we are hosting or participating in.
Animal Sanctuary and Eco Retreat Tour
BMASER offers public tours to visit with the animals. We ask for a small donation of $10 per adult and $5 per student/senior citizen. All donations are tax-deductible and fully support the care of the animals. This does not apply to those who are visiting their adopted animals. Individuals who have adopted one or more of our animals may attend visiting hours free of charge. Boots are highly recommended.
Burleigh Manor also hosts private tours of the animal sanctuary and historical grounds. For groups requesting a private tour of the animal sanctuary, a donation is suggested based on the size of the group: $50 for up to 5 people; $100 for 6-10 people, and $200 for groups larger than 10 people.
Rules for Visiting BMASER
Rules are for the safety of both visitors and animals! We want all guests to have an enjoyable visit and connect with the beautiful animals at our Sanctuary. For your comfort and theirs, please be mindful of our rules and feel free to ask questions during your tour.
- Please arrive promptly for your tour time. Please stay with your tour guide and group.
- Parking is available on the circle. Tours will meet at the Visitors Center, second building to the right past the house.
- Because this is a Sanctuary, please – no loud screaming or yelling; no sudden movements, flailing arms, running, leaping, etc. that may scare the animals. This is their home; we are guests.
- No one is allowed inside pasture areas; please do not lift children over the fence.
- No climbing on fences.
- Please, do not bring your pets.
- Visitors may pet animals that approach the fence, with the supervision of a tour guide/volunteer.
- Please do not feed the animals.
- Photographs and videos are welcome and encouraged, but please, no flashes, bright lights or tripods.
- No music or other noise-making devices/toys are allowed on the tour. No balloons.
- No smoking.
- No glass bottles please, as broken glass can pose a hazards to our animals. Please dispose of recycling and trash in proper areas.
- Please wear closed-toe shoes (ideally boots) and attire fitting of a working farm. The tour is outdoors and goes on rain or shine. In case of inclement weather, refer to our Facebook and Twitter feeds for updates.
Please visit our events page and register for your tour. This helps us plan accordingly. Thank you.
Historical Homestead Tours
Burleigh Manor is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Tours are by appointment only. To schedule a tour, please email us.